Refund Policy/Trial Period
Once a student starts a course, students have three (3) business days to drop the course for a $40 administration fee. Starting a course is defined as the latter of:
- three (3) business days from the official course start date.
- three (3) business days from the day of enrollment. This option exists for students who enroll in a course after the official course start date.
After a student has been enrolled in a course for three (3) business days, no refunds will be issued.
Business days are defined as: Monday through Friday, not including holidays.
If the refund deadline for a course has passed, a petition for exception may be submitted. It must be supported by special circumstances such as a personal or family illness, injury, or hospitalization. Proper documentation of special circumstances is required. UC Scout reserves the right to approve or deny any such request.
To submit a refund request, please complete the Refund Request Form. Refunds are only granted if the requirements above have been met.
*** This policy does not go into effect until fall 2020. Students who are enrolled in spring and summer courses can drop a course at any time before the course end date without it negatively impacting their UC Scout transcript.
- A student can request to drop a course at any time before the midterm exam without negatively impacting their transcript. For details on refunds, please see “Refund Policy” above.
- Once the midterm exam is completed, students cannot request to drop a course. Instead, the student can receive a ‘W’ which will appear on the transcript, or continue to work through the entirety of the course.
- A drop does not show on your transcript.
A drop is not the same as a refund. For refunds, please review our “Trial Period,” found on our Policies page.
To drop a course fill out the Drop/Withdraw Request Form.
W (WITHDRAW) POLICY
- A student can request to receive a ‘W’ (Withdraw) under specific circumstances: A student can only request a ‘W’ before completing any assignments after the midterm exam. Once this second half of the course has begun for the student, the student is no longer eligible for a ‘W.’
- A ‘W’ will appear on your transcript but not affect your GPA.
- If a student chooses to proceed with completing additional course work after the midterm exam, they will receive their final percentage grade that was earned for the course, which will include zeros for incomplete or missing assignments.
To withdraw from a course fill out the Drop/Withdraw Request Form.
Switching Sections / Switching Courses Policy
Dropping a section to switch to another section of the same course is still considered a drop and refund policies are applicable. Once the $20 administrative processing fee is remitted, UC Scout has three business days to process the request.
UC Scout reserves the right to discontinue, postpone or combine courses, and/or programs. Refunds prompted by cancellation or discontinuation will be made in full to your student account for future enrollments. Refunds to the original form of payment can be processed on request.
Course End Date and Extension Requests
All course material must be completed by the course end date. Refunds are not provided for courses not completed by the course end date.
A petition for course extension may be submitted, but students must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- petition must be supported by special circumstances such as a personal or family illness, injury, or hospitalization. Proper documentation of special circumstances is required.
- student must make the request for an extension at least one week prior to the course end date.
- student must have progressed through the course (midterm) at the time of the extension request.
The extension form will open one month prior to the current term end date.
UC Scout reserves the right to approve or deny any such request.
To submit an extension request, please complete the Extension Request Form.
UC Scout charges a $10 fee per transcript that is mailed as a hard copy.
Transcripts are only issued to academic counselors or schools of students in an On-Demand course.
To submit a transcript request, please complete the Transcript Request Form.